Sunday, January 14, 1990

Its odd, but I think us jews have actually taken an article of clothing and called it our own.

Now, Im not talking about a traditional article of clothing. Anyone could say "duuhhhh, but I thought that the shtreimel/bekishe/kapotuh/kippah/whatever-they-wear-in-Bat-Eyin was a jewish piece of clothing..." but thats not what Im reffering to. Im talking about a regular article of clothing that has been TAKEN by the jews and made their own. Im talking about the long skirt.

I dont know if it has ever happened to you, but anytime I am walking down the street (with my head humbly down) and I spy a long skirt, I think: Maidel!

This could be in college, in the city, or in Birmingham, Alabama. Regardless of local, if I dont see knees, Im thinking Jewess. And the type of skirt makes no difference either. Regardless of how fashionable the pattern, cut or assymetry is, if your skirt extends to your knees or below, I am going to assume you are Jewish until proven gentile.

This makes me happy, my compatriots. Its time we stood up for ourselves and fought back against a world that would have us expose our knees. The age of assimilation is over. We are counter-assimilating. We have taken the skirt and we are not returning it anytime soon. Take that goyim!

(special thanks to Karen for posing awkwardly for this picture)

2 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

There are actually rules about each kind of skirt. When it comes to denim, that is.

And my friend asked me who "that 16 kid is." Hehehe.

ARGH! I hate failing these letter exams!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Harek M said...

I agree! It comes to a point where I just start assuming that all women wearing long skirts are religious. Really leads to akward situations...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>