Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This post was inspired by Dina's ( http://ilovejewfood.blogspot.com ) ((I'd link it through the word "Dina" but I dunno how...)) post on scars so I dont want anyone thinking I'm stealing ideas here or starting memes. Stupid laffy taffy...


So Im in camp munk like 10 years ago and were in the middle of a baseball game. Im stuck out in center, but like deep out. Anyway someone obviously made a call that someone else didnt like because the entire infield is conferring on the mound. Rather then coe in to see what all the fuss is about I stay out in deep center. Anyway, me and the leftefielder (Yanky S.) decide to be intelligent and have a rock catch. We were using baseball gloves of course. At first all is good. We chuck a few back and forth and shoot the breeze. Then someone (probably me) decides to throw some high ones. Yanky throws this really high one and i run under it, but lose it in the sun glare. BOOM! smack down on my face. So i reach up to see if i smacked anything and my hand comes down all bloody. Now, it feels like it hit my nose, so i reach up to my nose with the other hand and that one comes bloody too. So i grab some leaves, plug my nose and tell my counselor I have a nosebleed and need to go to the bunk. He looks at me funny, says I should go to the infirmary but I dont listen and go back to the bunk. I get to the bunk, take out the leaves and they are clean. Now im confused so i look in the mirror and see this massive gash on my upper lip. To test it out, I check if I can get my tongue through it and, lo and behold, I can! So I go to the infirmary, leave camp for the night and get the stitches. I still, to this day, swear that I got it in a knitting needle fight with my brother.

P.S. the scar is awesome cuz it looks like an underlined X so I say its my initial and I had it done by a pro.

My others car isnt as cool. I was kneeling at the lockers in the top floor room of YTT (the lockers in that particular room are stacked, with one row on top f the other) when my classmate (David B.) opens his locker into my forehead. yay. I went to the office, but they dont have any of those big bandages so they gave me a big gauze patch and I held it in place while the secretary wrapped gauze around my head to hold it. I took a cab home and my mom nearly freaked cuz I looked like I had massive brain trauma from the gauze headdress. It was funny.

P.S. the gauze part is true, but the story of how I got that scar is entirely made up. Its almost infinitely more embarassing then my rock-scar story so dont even ask me to tell it. It goes to the grave with me and anyone else who was at the lockers at that particular moment in time :P

2 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

The first scar I ever got was in pre-school. Before school started, the kids would congregate in the backyard of the Morah's house and play on the jungle-gym like things while the assistant looked on. Always the fearless one, I took my turn on the slide (y'know those plastic orange and blue slides?) going face first. It was fun for those three seconds that the wind was hitting me on my face but then I hit my chin on the pavement.

The other stitches scar I got was on my head. My friend knocked me into the corner when we were doing a "show" for her mother, sister, and grandmother while the men were in Shul. Lo and behold I gushed all over their white carpet and Reena thought she killed me. She didn't, but she did break my head open a little.

Other than that, I have a scar on my palm from glass. The story will be withheld. :)

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Harek M said...

Hmmm...I have two overlappingv scars on my head. Some people have told me it looks like the Harry Potter scar, but idun see it. The first was when I was in first grade. I had my shoelaces untied during a class trip to see a play (The Princess and the Pea). After the show we were walking up the isle to leave the theatre and someone stepped on my shoelaces causing me to fall and shmack my forehead onto the wooden bar on the seats. That one took 3 or 4 stitches I think.
The other one happened a few years later. I was in Shul between Mincha and Maariv on Shabbos playing with some friends. We decided to spin around and see who could stay up longest (ah the games of youth) and I ended up spinning into the corner of a wall (my coordination just rocks doesn't it). Because it was Shabbos and I seemed okay, no one called hotzolah and so I didn't get stitches. My Dad put a butterfly on it and it left a scar. Ah well...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>