Thursday, February 16, 2006

TODAY, (Sara < http://www.icecreamandme.blogspot.com/ > gets the coincidence [ by the way, Sara one or two? Did you guys work that out?]), I went to get a bill from college to show that I have paid so that I could have my ID validated. I happened to look at my bill for no apparent reason right before handing it over when I noticed something odd.

(Some background info before the fun stuff. 12 credits is a full time student. If you did not pay in full, classes were going to be dropped in mid-january. In mid January, I had not completely finished putting my schedule together, as I usualy wait for the 2nd week of classes to do that. In order to pay a bill for full-time student however, I needed to enroll in over 12 credits of classes, and so I arbitrarily picked classes that I MIGHT take, with intentions to dump them later if they prove unecesary.As usual, I got most of my courses through overtally and got a nice 16-cred semester going.)

When I looked at the bill , I noticed that I was enrolled in 20 credits of schoolwork. I ran online to check it out. Turns out I was enrolled in a 4-cred physiological class that I never dropped.

Normally this wouldnt be that big a deal, but today is the 16th. I also happened to notice on the schedule at the registrar that the 16th is also the last available day to drop a course without having a "W"-ithdrawl on your transcript. This is a huge mar, particularly if you have any interest in med school. If it came down to getting the W, I may have stuck with the course, only begining attendance 2+ weeks in.

Im not sure what the point of the story was. Am I a man-ditz? Exceptionally lucky? Blessed by G-d? Or maybe its choice "D"?

A) Man-ditz
B) Exceptionally Lucky
C) Blessed by G-d
D) All of the above

8 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous yaak said...

your lucky you need a validated id to get into the library or you wouldve been doing double time at school.. thank gd for lagaurdia reading room!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Sara Chicago, here. I'm happy to be Sara 2. The other Sara was here first.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Sara said...

so i was gonna come up with some triumphant song about being #1 but for some odd reason the only things popping into my head are "one is the loneliest number..." and "first is the worst, second is the best..." i don't know - maybe i want to switch and be the one with the treasure chest.
why cant you just be a plain ditz- why does there need to be a distinction between a ditz and a man-ditz?
also, what is the difference b/w B and C?

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger XVI (R) - NY said...

Firstly, may I just state that your all Sara #1s in my book.

Awwwwww.

Secondly, Sara E. What about "One is HaShem"? Its certainly egotistical, but then again... just think of yourself as being in good company.

Also, "ditz" just strikes me as being of the feminine persuasion. I thought that I should clear that up for all who may assume as I did.

As for the difference between B and C... I can give you a long-drawn philosophical answer to clarify the distinction between blessedness and luck, or I can take the easy way out and say it was merely a trick question as the correct answer is most like D.

And Yaak. So true. LaGuardia saving my life yet again. Its not just for socializing after all, huh?

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Everybody is entitled to B once in a while, don't know what A is and C we all are.
So I’d say D

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Sara said...

nah- bring on the philosophy

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger HL Kaye said...

ha!

no way.
i hang out in LaGuardia too, all the time actually.

are you guys at BC?

i got my classes dropped, needed to do the overtally run me'self... thankfully it all worked out...

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger XVI (R) - NY said...

Thats BC for you. It always seems to work out in the end... but only after an exceptionally unreal amount of stress. That and $18 charges for late drops and adds at the registrar. Man, Ive come to hate Boylan. It just feels like one big money-pit. That and the English dept.

As for LaGuardia... thats probably gonna be a post all its own, soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>