Thursday, June 08, 2006

Update Time.

But first, if yiu havent read my last post you may not know what Im updating on... so do that first.



So here is what hass happened recently. Firstly, I hate physics, but not as much as she hates me. In my very last semester in school I failed a course. Ive never struggled for a B and I failed a freaking course. And what course? The only one that mattered this semester which inevitably means the only one I couldnt study for. So what does this failure mean?

At last update I was waiting to hear back from school. In fact, today (Thursday) was the 12 week aniversary and pretty much the promised deadline of when Id have some sort of answer, even if it just means being waitlisted. I got this big, fat, f**king F last week. Now, thinking from last weeks perspective what was I supposed to do? If I got waitlisted, Id probably have to send an updated transcript, in which case the F would become obvious and Id be contacted. Because Im already waitlisted though, I can easily just say that Im gonna retake it in the summer and my acceptance can be contingent on that. The same certainly can be done if I get accepted. So I took the initiative and signed up for physics in CSI.

Because its the second physics, it is only provided in the second summer module, which is the month of July. This means though that I cant get a job for July and need to find part time work for just June. This is a major impossibility. So I putz around my house now, watching videos on youtube and reading blogs. Ill usually leave the house for the very first time, only about... 3ish? Ouch. And Id love to jobhunt for next year (god forbid I should need it) but how can I land something I cant commit to?

Anyway, yesterday, judgement day, arrived. The letter was here. Finally! I tear open the letter.





Im on hold?




What the f**k is hold?




So apparently, the school is so backlogged on applicants and interviewees (a disconcerting thought itself when considering the 175 setas available for a year) that it has decided to not decide. They cant even commit to putting me on a waitlist. Basically "we know we promised you that wed inform you in June, but hows July sound?"

So now what? They havent put me on a list but they still want my updated transcipt that I WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE JUDGED ON!!!!!!!

Do I send it?

Anyway, next week I begin studying for the LSATs.

9 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sara said...

o wow! we can have an lsat study party! get psyched! it tonz and tonz of fun!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sara said...

o wow! we can have an lsat study party! get psyched! it tonz and tonz of fun!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sara said...

o wow! we can have an lsat study party! get psyched! it tonz and tonz of fun!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sara said...

ok i dont know how i did that 3 times- i guess i just got over-excited

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Ah, the LSATs. Maybe I'll take those one day.

In a way, I'd send in the transcripts - says a lot about your honesty/character. They may be so shocked they'll call you.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger XVI (R) - NY said...

Sara... you really like those LSATs huh? Anyway, its just a consideration. Gonna mull it over this week and maybe enroll in the Octobers.

Ez, I hear you, but there is plenty reason to say otherwise. I dont want them to disregard me out of hand either. If I could infprm them first that Im retaking it...

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger blueenclave said...

This is not fun. Good luck! I was feeling sorry for myself because of the B- last spring.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger blueenclave said...

When I took freshman physics I got a C+ because the book threw everybody and they had to curve steeply. Now I have the math to be able to handle more advanced stuff.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger blueenclave said...

I am here because I suspect Ezzie's blog roundups are going to be invaluable for HH. I picked LabRab's post.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>